- This event has passed.
Creating a Healthy Garden with RainWise Webinar!
February 24, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Register at https://bit.ly/rwgardenweb.
Register for any event to be entered into our giveaway! Prizes include garden tools, gift certificates, plants and a Chinook Book. Winners notified March 12 by e-mail.
Join RainWise to explore natural yard care and garden tips!
Get ready for Spring and learn how to create healthy soil, what plants to pick and how to water wisely in your garden! Also, learn how to plan for weather extremes due to climate change. This webinar will be full of ideas to help your yard and garden thrive.
In addition, green infrastructure specialists will talk about funding help to put in cisterns and/or rain gardens on your private property. The RainWise program offers rebates to help control the rain that falls on private properties. With every storm, rain carries pollutants off our roofs, driveways and other hard surfaces to local creeks, Lake Washington and Puget Sound. Rain gardens and other green infrastructure can help the rain soak-in rather than run off.
This webinar is for anyone interested in making their yard and garden more beautiful and resilient. Featuring RainWise staff, Kate Kurtz of the Natural Yard Care Program, and Laura Matter with the Garden Hotline and Tilth Alliance, these experts will share lots of resources and answer your questions! At this webinar you will learn:
- the stormwater runoff problem in the Seattle area and solutions for management,
- a variety of general landscaping and gardening choices that can help,
- how to integrate a rain garden or cistern into your 2022 gardening plans,
- financial rebates available to property owners in Seattle RainWise-eligible basins and other green stormwater incentive programs throughout the region, and
- access to free resources, including free pollinator seeds, planting plans, plant lists, and maintenance guides.
We recommend that you check your eligibility for a RainWise rebate in advance at 700milliongallons.org/rainwise/eligibility. For those not eligible for RainWise, here are more resources: 12000raingardens.org/about-rain-gardens/incentives.